Will companies protect our personal information if there were no laws and regulations?

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Data Obfuscation tools

In this post I would like to discuss about data masking or obfuscation or anonymization tools. There are several tools in the market today that are competing for their market share. Each tool has its own advantages and limitations and moreover they cater to certain segments. When I say segments, some are pretty strong in Mainframe flat files. Others are strong in databases like Oracle, SQL etc. And a few niche tools even cater to ERP, CRM applications. Here are some of the tools I would like to post.

1. Princeton Softech's Optim

2. DataVanatage

3. Camouflage


I will discuss in detail these tools in my future posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When can we expect your next post and what company are you working for?

PrivacyExpert said...

I am working for a big four consulting firm and I usually post on weekends.